At this time, there are 12 confirmed games for the Xbox Series X, only 10 have been named. However, considering comments of certain developers on games not yet released, it stands to reason there’s a chance we’ll be seeing these upcoming games on the new console in 2020.
In an interview with the Head of Xbox Game Studios, Matt Booty confirmed that during the launch of the Xbox Series X, all of its games will “play up and down that family of devices” – meaning all of the Series X launch games will likely also be playable on the Xbox One and even PC. This means that the Xbox Series X may have no true exclusive games for at least a year or two.
List of Confirmed Series X Games
- Along with new information about the Xbox Series X tech specs, it was confirmed recently by CD Projekt Red that anyone who buys Cyberpunk 2077 for the Xbox One will be able to upgrade to the Xbox Series X at no additional charge.
- Square Enix confirmed their new IP, Outriders will launch holiday 2020 on both Xbox Series X and PS5 – which features a blend of guns and magic in its 1-3 player co-op third-person shooter.
- The Lord of the Rings: Gollum from Daedalic Entertainment was confirmed to launch on next-gen consoles and PC in 2021.
- Senua’s Saga: Hellblade 2 was announced at The Game Awards 2019.
- At E3 2019, Microsoft confirmed that Halo Infinite would be a launch game on the Xbox Series X, which will be released in late 2020.
On October 31st 2019, Ubisoft announced that many of its upcoming titles that were delayed to 2020 will be cross-generation games, and appear on both PS4 and Xbox One, as well as the PS5 and Xbox Series X. These include the following games:
- Watch Dogs Legion
- Rainbow Six Quarantine
- Gods and Monsters
- 2 Unannounced AAA games
- On October 30th, Electronic Arts confirmed that Battlefield 6 will appear on next gen consoles – but only when the a strong player base has already been established. The Sims 5 will also be coming to the next generation of consoles.
List of Rumored Series X Games
- Given that both Starfield and The Elder Scrolls 6 have been barely announced and are still early in the development, it is likely both of these games will comes to Xbox Series X.
- Elden Ring, published by Bandai Namco and developed by From Software in collaboration with George R. R. Martin was shown at E3 2019 with no release date, making it likely that it may launch sometime in 2020 around the Xbox Series X.
The following games have all been announced or shown by Microsoft at E3 2019 to be releasing on the Xbox One in 2020, which makes them likely candidates to get ported to the Xbox Series X:
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps – February 11, 2020.
- Minecraft Dungeons – Spring 2020.
- Microsoft Flight Simulator – TBD Release Date
- Wasteland 3 – TBD Release Date
- PsychoNauts 2 – TBD Release Date
- Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga – TBD 2020.
- Dying Light 2 – Spring 2020.
- Phantasy Star Online 2 (Western Release) – Spring 2020.
- Crossfire X coming – TBD 2020.
- Tales of Arise – TBD 2020.