7 with 6 posters participating
Today’s Dealmaster is headed up by a solid discount on a 12-month subscription to Sony’s PlayStation Plus service. Typically available between $50-60 online, Newegg has memberships available for $40 with the code “EMCDFFD52” at checkout. Note that the deal applies to digital codes, not physical cards.
PlayStation Plus itself is still needed to play most PS4 games online, and subscribing still nets you access to a couple free titles every month. There hasn’t been anything to suggest that Sony’s online policy will change with the forthcoming PlayStation 5, so you should be safe to top up regardless of whether your current subscription is running out or you just want to stock up on service time. For reference, these 1-year subscriptions retailed for $45 on Black Friday; while we have seen them available for less than $40 on occasion, those instances have been rare.If you’re not much of a PlayStation fan, though, we also have deals on internal SSDs, Amazon Fire tablets, the new 16-inch MacBook Pro, and more. Have a look below for the full rundown.
The Dealmaster has launched its very own newsletter! Sign up to receive a shorter, tightly curated list of the very best tech deals on the Webno nonsense, direct to your inbox, and often before they make it to the Ars homepage.
Note: Ars Technica may earn compensation for sales from links on this post through affiliate programs.
Top 10 deals of the day
Laptop and desktop PC deals
- Apple MacBook Pro (late 2019) laptop – Intel Core i7-9750H, 16-inch 3072×1920, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4GB, scissor keyboard for $2,099 at B&H (normally $2,249).
- Microsoft Surface Pro 7 tablet – Intel Core i5-1035G4, 12.3-inch 2736×1824, 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD for $699.99 at Amazon (doesn’t include Type Cover – normally $799.99).
- HP Chromebook 14 x360 laptop – Intel Core i3-8130U, 14-inch 1080p, 8GB RAM, 64GB eMMC for $399 at Best Buy (normally $515).
- Lenovo Yoga C490 2-in-1 laptop – Intel Core i7-1065G7, 14-inch 3840×2160, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD for $1,299.99 at Best Buy (normally $1,499.99).
- MSI GL65 9SDK-026 gaming laptop – Intel Core i7-9750H, 15.6-inch 1080p, 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD, GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6GB for $1,019 at Walmart (normally $1,499).
- Asus Chromebook C425 laptop – Intel Core m3-8100Y, 14-inch 1080p, 4GB RAM, 128GB eMMC for $299 at Walmart (normally $380).
- HP Omen 15t gaming laptop – Intel Core i7-9750H, 15.6-inch 1080p, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6GB + HP Omen mouse + headset for $999.99 at Walmart (normally $1,299).
- SK Hynix Gold S31 (1TB) 2.5-inch SATA internal SSD for $84.78 at Amazon (normally $105.99).
- WD Elements (5TB) portable external hard drive for $98.10 at Amazon (normally $109.99).
- Lenovo Thinkbook 13s laptop – Intel Core i7-8565U, 13.3-inch 1080p, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD for $721 at Lenovo (use code: THINKBOOK – normally $1,099).
- Raspberry Pi 4 Model B (2GB RAM) mini PC for $34.99 at Micro Center (normally $45).
- AMD Ryzen 5 3600 desktop processor – 6-core, 12-thread for $174.99 at Amazon (normally $189.99).
Video game deals
TV and home entertainment deals
Accessories and miscellaneous deals