According to the ABC, the passengers flew into Sydney and then got a connecting flight to Melbourne.
Victoria is not accepting overseas arrivals at the moment.
The travellers had been allowed to travel to Sydney without quarantining, as part of a trans-Tasman travel bubble.
Under the deal between the two nations, New Zealanders will be allowed to travel quarantine-free into NSW and the Northern Territory if they have not been in a COVID-19 hotspot in the previous 14 days.
It comes as Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews prepares to reveal on Sunday which restrictions will be eased in Melbourne as it moves out of lockdown.
He told reporters on Friday he would be making some “significant announcements” in 48 hours’ time.
However, he confirmed the hard border separating metropolitan Melbourne and regional Victoria would stay in place.
Mr Andrews said Sunday’s announcement would be “broadly in alignment with our foreshadowed stage 3”, although the state would need to “wait and see” as it depended on numbers continuing to fall.
RELATED: Is Victoria becoming a police state? Have your say in our poll
Follow the latest coronavirus news in our live updates below.